November 7, 2007

Persimmon Pair Daily Painting Still Life



I found these at the grocery store and bought them more for their subject value than the nutritional. We did however try one after I painted their portrait. It was good but somewhat bland. I don't know if that's the norm. Their looks are not bland though, I like the colors in this one, the orange of the fruit, the greens in the leaves and the teals in the cloth they sit upon. Yummy!

Persimmon Pair
8 x 8 oil on canvas
$125 + $12 s/h

Please let me know if you are interested in this or any other painting!
Thanks for visiting!

©2007 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Brendy Vaughn said...

Very nice. I've been eyeing them at the store every time I go! My husband teases me that I only buy the "pretty" produce.

kathrynlaw said...

This is beautiful--but I keep wanting to look at it sideways, as if the picture were turned 90 degrees counterclockwise. Is the image turned, by any chance? Or am I just weird? :) Gorgeous color. I love these too.