January 27, 2008

"Heading East" original Landscape oil painting



On my first trip to Wyoming I was heading back east to Cody after spending the day at Yellowstone. It was the end of the day and the sun was lighting the mountains and the clouds with its last hits of color before the sun set. I finally found a place to pull over and snap a few pictures before it was gone. This is inspired by that time and photo but I took the liberty of removing the road and a few buildings in the distance.

Heading East at Sunset
8x6 oil on canvas panel$100 + $12 S/H



Thanks for stopping by!

©2008 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Cheryl Ratcliff said...

I really like the soft light in the sky and the reflection on the mountains. I think your flower paintings are beautiful too, especially the tulips!