April 26, 2008

"Wommer Woman"



When my daughter was 3 her favorite show was Wonder Woman. She would put on her Wonder Woman UnderRoos and spin like Diana Prince spinning into her Wonder Woman persona. To this day I cannot think of Wonder Woman without seeing that image of my 3 year old daughter spinning in circles, hair flying out around her and yelling "Wommer Woman!!!" I love that at such a young age she chose a strong and noble woman as her heroine.

Today Krista turns 30 and still loves Wonder Woman.

Happy Birthday Wommer Woman... I love you and wish I could be there to celebrate with you on such a milestone birthday. The best is yet to come!

Wommer Woman
8x6 oil on canvas panel

Thanks for your visit!
©2008 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

touching. delightful. thank you.
~sue okieffe

Artists With Artitude said...

What a touching and wonderful tribute. I love the energy in that painting...you are a wommer woman!!!

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
(Krista did too)

Anonymous said...

Mom I love this painting. I can't wait to see it in person and see you next week. Love you!

Unknown said...

What a great painting, and a wonderful coincidence. My daughter also loved Wonder Woman, and would tie a "cape" around her shoulders, jump off the arm of the sofa, and shout "Wommer Woman". She was 2 1/2, and her 4 yr old brother was "Pidie An" (Spider Man). She looked so much like this painting, it's amazing. Exactly the same hair color and style. Love it!