June 3, 2008

Gerbera Babies


I started these outside on painting on the deck and was interupted by a visiting racoon. She came out early in the evening and didn't seem to bothered by me. I talked to her and went and got my camera and she still stuck around and even posed for a few pics, ducking under the deck when I ventured too close. I got some pretty good shots and was excited to possibly do a painting of her. When I went to download my pictures none of my picture files of her existed... while others did. Mysterious...maybe she was a figment of my imagination - although she would have been of my daughter's as well.
I had to finish these indoors. I like the title - it reminds me of how my mom told me I looked like the Gerber Baby when I was a wee one.

Gerbera Babies
8x6 oil on canvas panel
SOLD

Thanks for your visit!
©2008 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Austin Maloney said...

Nice daisies. Would you be interested in doing a reciprocal link exchange. I'm a fellow Daily Painter and my blog is:

http://austinmaloney.blogspot.com/

My email is:

amaloneyart@gmail.com

Artists With Artitude said...

Maybe your next post will be entitled "Over the Hedge"?! Tee hee.

I heard that raccoons could be domesticated as pets..I am not sure if I would have had your (and your daughter) self-control. I would have run home screaming my head off! Must have been a nice one though..

I like the way you used the negative space here and the "simple" arrangement only serves to underline the natural beauty of your painted flowers. Nice.