July 2, 2008

A day with the water lilies


I spent the day painting at this great little lake nearby called Lone Lake. The lake is covered with water lilies. I wish I would have had a boat to get up close and personal. I did the next best thing and stood on the dock. I even managed to not lose anything in the water. Another painter was not so lucky, but I did fish her brush and even her painting out of the water. That's about the extent of my fishing interests.
This is my lily study. It turned out very impressionistic. More like a sketch in oils.

Water Lily
6x8 oil on canvas board


Thanks for your visit!
©2008 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Artists With Artitude said...

I just woke up and your water lilies greeted me with such a beautiful "good morning" wish. Thank you!