July 7, 2008

Grandfather Tree Before the Storms - plein air painting




My daughter and I each have our name for this tree in my backyard. I've always called it the Grandfather Tree and Katie calls it the Great Tree. Tonight the sun through the leaves made it seem to glow so I decided to try and capture it. I quickly grabbed all my painting stuff and went at it. This was down and dirty as the sky grew darker and darker with an approaching storm. Luckily I got it in before it hit. Another race with the light.

Grandfather Tree Before the Storm
6x8 oil on canvas panel
$140 + $12 S/H

For purchase please contact me at kirkeeide@mac.com
Thanks for your visit!
©2008 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Artists With Artitude said...

You are so lucky to live in such lush paradise. When I left Austin, our lawn looked so ashen and sad and now in Beirut with its overgrown skyscrapers, there is not one tree in sight...Only the lovely bonsai on the coffee table across from me :(

Looking forward to your "news." Don't keep us waiting too long!

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

this has such lovely lines and brushstrokes.

Edward B. Gordon said...

superb !