August 20, 2008

One Last Look - sheep painting



I've really found a new fascination with sheep. I'm not sure why now, but I really do like their look of cotton balls with stick legs.
My grandparents used to live on a small farm in Ohio and I remember at certain times of the day - probably morning and night - the neighboring farmer would move his large flock of sheep and they would always follow a path along the fence line that was behind my grandparents house. Maybe that's where my fascination came from - I just forgot about it for 40 years!

One Last Look
6x8 oil on linen panel

Thanks for your visit!
©2008 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Artists With Artitude said...

Ewe!!! Sweet cotton! I just got back from my long overseas trip and I am delighted to read your posts. So many goodies in store.

xoxo

Deb Kirkeeide said...

yay! you're back! Missed you while you were gone.