September 3, 2008

The Sitka and the Boat from Maine


This was painted down by the marina in Grand Marais. These boats caught my eye the day before so my friend and I headed down at about 6:30 that morning. After chatting with the owner he said he would stay put until we were done. He even brought us a cup of coffee. Now that's what I call service. I wish someone would show up with refreshments every time I paint! One of the locals came down to check it out and filled me in on the boats. The larger boat is called the Sitka and the other boat was brought in from Maine and the owner is from Minneapolis. The owner told me had been spending a lot of time on the boat, had visited Isle Royale for quite a while, spent a little time in Grand Marais and was headed out to Bayfield Wisconsin for about ten days. I want his job!
This was another challenging painting, I don't know what got into me this week, painting subjects I don't normally feel drawn to paint, but I'm pretty pleased with it. I'm just happy the owner stuck around long enough to let me finish - I checked later and he was gone. Thanks Paul!

The Sitka and the Boat from Maine
9x12 linen hardboard panel

This one is not available just yet it will be in an upcoming show with Outdoor Painters of Minnesota

Thanks for your visit!
©2008 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

No comments: