March 29, 2009

Freesia



I didn't plan on being away this long but I've decided things always take much longer than what I think. I had planned to paint most of the weekend and what I thought would only take a 2-3 hours Saturday morning took most of the weekend. I've designed my daughter's wedding invitations and needed to get them printed and cut to get them sent out tomorrow. Between the wedding, my taxes, and an art tour to get ready for next month, I'm starting to feel a bit frazzled. I've decided I would like a caretaker - someone to take care of the house, the meals, the laundry I haven't done for 2 weeks ( that was another thing I didn't get to this weekend) someone to just take care of me. That would be fabulous.
I bought some flowers at the store this afternoon and painted this evening. I needed that. Painting seems to be where I find my center and I feel much calmer now. And happy.
Some more pink flowers, pink seems to be my color du jour these days, I'll have to look up the meaning of that color.

Freesia
6x8 oil on canvas panel
SOLD - Thank you.

Thanks for your visit!
©2009 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Linda Schweitzer said...

Nice painting, Deb! Really interesting composition. Good harmonious color.