March 15, 2009

The Quintuplets



Today was a fabulous day in the northland! It got up close to 60 today - not bad since it was zero the other day.
I didn't get as much painting done as I had planned this weekend but I sure got a lot of planning done. After a couple months of not being too inspired it was good to get that feeling back. I've come to realize my ebbs and flows seem to follow the seasons. After looking back through journals I could see they happen about the same time each year.
This may seem kind of strange but not really. It would make sense that artists would be more in tune with nature's rhythms and as winter is a time of rest and darkness maybe that's the way our own rhythms flow - to come to a point where it is time to rest, to let the creative spirit regenerate. Now that spring is upon us I can feel it returning to my own spirit. That's my theory anyway. In any case I can really feel a difference in the energy surrounding my art.
Quintuplets
8x16 Oil on canvas panel
220 + 15 S/H







Thanks for your visit!
©2009 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep painting those flowers! Seems to be ushering in spring for us.

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thanks Lissa - I'm trying!