May 16, 2009

One Day in May



Well it's about time, yes?
I finally got out and painted today. Have been feeling a bit uninspired or most likely preoccupied lately with art tour and wedding preparations. The art tour is over and the wedding is next week so maybe the brain will clear for painting.
I went to the Minnesota Arboretum this morning with my sister to get inspired and take pictures. Lot's of blooming going on. I also went to a local outdoor art festival - the first of the season. Everyone was wrappped up in their down coats. It was a little chilly, but not THAT chilly! And I supported another artist. There was a pair of earrings that I could not resist. It all must have inspired me, I came home and painted this quick little study looking out from my deck - minus all the houses in the back. The tree's just about past it's peak for color so I may have helped it along a little. Just call me Mother Nature.

One Day in May - plein air
6x8 Linen board
SOLD



Thanks for your visit and thanks to all of you who attended the art tour - I enjoyed meeting and talking to everyone!
©Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

Denise Rose said...

This is so nice! It looks so fresh and all of the blooming trees are gone here already too but this just brings them back. Best of luck with the wedding. My daughter is getting married next year so I can already understand what you are going through now!

Edward B. Gordon said...

wonderful !!!

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thanks Denise. I appreciate the wedding well wishes and for stopping by.

Thank so much Edward.