February 21, 2011

Really? More snow??

Shy
6x8 oil

 As I look out on the latest 16" of snow we've just been blessed with, I am brought back from the false sense of spring that we were lulled into these past couple weeks. *sigh* but our warm spell did melt
all the ice dams on my roof and the snow is very pretty ....
And I have been painting - mostly little warm ups, getting back into the swing of things. I have to admit, I feel a little rusty.  But, I did just finish another St Nick commission. (I know, just when you thought all the Christmas decorations were down...) but I'm pretty happy with this one and given our snowy weather I think he's appropriate! Maybe you can think of him as just another happy Norwegian with a thing for red.

 Nicholas
8x10 Oil
SOLD

Hope all is warm and bright in your part of the world. Here's to dreams of spring!
©2011 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.



1 comment:

Double "D" said...

Deb, Deb, Deb. Sorry it's taken me so long to get this posted. This is the second time I've tried it but google or some merciless browser app keeps locking up my computer. Even tried on my phone, that didn't work either.

REally like the St Nicolas.
I'll bet you do wish there were sun flowers outside your window. The midwest has been hammered this winter.
Wish I was there to lend support while you shovel your driveway. Um, I'm too old and I'm also in Arizona. Opps that probably felt like a zinger.

Nice to see you painting my friend.
Stay warm,
Doug