March 8, 2011

And Then There Were Three

Raven Number 3
6x6 Oil

The last of this little study. It gave me a good idea of how (and if) I want to approach a  larger
triptych of these guys. I see I need to warm up this particular bird to match the other two, but after seeing them together, I like this little trio. Can't wait to do a larger version!


Raven Triptych Study

After my PAN (Project Art For Nature) orientation on Saturday I have to say I'm really excited about this project and the fabulous and diverse group of artists. I was very inspired and am now wanting my studies to include more birds - especially the Sandhill Cranes. I  am dreaming of a telephoto lens and trips out west to Yellowstone for more reference shots of the wildlife! 

©2011 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Double "D" said...

A beautiful set of 3. Almost looks like one bird sitting, stepping and taking off. Also nice to hear some happiness and excitement in your voice. Cool Deb, very cool!

Liz said...

Fabulous! Love your work!