March 3, 2011

The First of Three

The First of Three
Raven Triptych
6x6, Oil

This is a small study for a triptych of ravens I plan to do in a larger format. I wanted to experiment a  little with texture but I think 6x6 is too small of a playing field for what I was thinking. But I still like 
this little series of paintings. I even have the frames already picked out and think they will make a nice
little grouping.

In the news, for me, is that I have been juried into a group of Minnesota and Wisconsin artists for the next 3 yr cycle of Project Art For Nature. This Saturday is our orientation and I'm looking forward to participating in this worthy project, as well as meeting and working with other artists. Along with the exhibitions of the project, I'm considering starting another blog that will chronicle my own art and observations in the field. I'll keep you posted!

I've also been asked to participate as an animator again in this year's  MotionPoems. You may remember my little animated piece from last year. This years work will be in partnership with Scribner's Best American Poetry Anthology which is published each year. So that's pretty exciting that they are getting national attention. 

©2011 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

6 comments:

Liz said...

This is beautifully done!

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thanks Liz!

Sam Johnson said...

That was great art piece.Thanks for sharing."Have a look at
paintings for sale
"

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam Johnson said...

That was great art piece.Thanks for sharing.Have a look at
paintings for sale