July 10, 2011

Great White Egret Original Painting

Great  Egret
18 x 18 Oil on Canvas
SOLD
©2011 Deb Kirkeeide. All rights reserved.

This is a larger version of the earlier 6 x 6 Egret Flying I did a few weeks ago. I'm creating some new
pieces for our PAN show at the Phipps Center for the Arts in Hudson, Wisconsin. This was an Egret I observed at my site in Carver County. Though these birds are pretty common and I've often seen them along the shores of marshes and small ponds, these and Great Blue herons have really captured my interest this year.
I've got a few more in the works for the show and will be posting those soon.

Hope your weekend was fabulous!

10 comments:

GYPSYWOMAN said...

oh, what a magnificent beauty this one is! what regal beauty you have captured! and the colors, just wonderful - nothing quite so magical as a bird in flight! love this piece -

Double "D" said...

Beautiful Deb,
Glad you're painting.

Hey, did that guy send that book yet?

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thanks Jenean. Birds in flight are indeed magical - maybe I'm craving that freedom to fly!

Thanks Doug! Are you painting?
I was just wondering about that book guy the other day...funny you should ask. :-)

Linda Popple said...

Beautifully painted! The colors are gorgeous!

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thank you Linda.

Susan said...

This is breathtaking!

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thank you so much Susan.

ed pilolla said...

i really like the two-toned, really two-colored wings of the bird. it really makes this pop.
beautiful work here.

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thank you Ed! So nice of you to stop by and visit!

mackyton said...

Paintings seem to be quite illustrative. I am planning to organize my niece's birthday at one of the auspicious event space in Seattle next month. Will order a Barbie cake. Searching many funny ideas to make the day memorable. Liked funky hats and colorful balloons to surprise kids.