September 27, 2011

Morning on the Creek

Morning on the Creek
9x12 oil
©2011 Deb Kirkeeide

I'm back from Wyoming where I spent some time painting at the 7D Ranch in Cody. This is the third time  I've been there and it's always a great time. Our band of merry artists was smaller this time but it's always a treat to spend time with this group as we've formed a special bond over the years.

The weather was perfect, as was the scenery. Pretty much every waking hour was spent outdoors. I just couldn't seem to soak up enough of the peaceful beauty of this area. No bears this year, though there were plenty of bear attack stories told around the fire. (thanks, John!) The extent of wildlife was limited to the mouse in my cabin and the cows from the neighboring ranch. They broke out and hung out around the cabins for a while until the cowboys showed up to wrangle them home.

This was the first painting of the trip. Standing on the bridge overlooking the creek, the morning started out calm but soon the wind picked up and I had to finish quickly while holding down my easel.

More to come!







6 comments:

joejoe said...

I see your talent continues to improve with each painting! Wondrous! You are so blessed~ joe

mermaid gallery said...

those tinges of pink make me feel the morning too!

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Thanks Joe.

Deb Kirkeeide said...

Mermaid (I don't know your name - so I might have to start calling you Ariel!)
Thank you. It was such a beautiful morning.
but then every morning was!

Ed Pilolla said...

those touches of coral, or pink, are so appealing. what shade is that?

Deb Kirkeeide said...

I think it was a pinkish coral, Ed. :-)