July 19, 2012

Heron in Green - SOLD

Heron in Green
12 x 16
SOLD
©2012 Deb Kirkeeide

I spite of my lack of posting lately, I have been painting! Some have been in the works and some were painted recently on a trip to the North Shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota. I'll post some of the more successful paintings from that week in the days to come.

I've had a friend and fellow artist visiting from England and it's been great fun painting together, sharing ideas and cultures, visiting the art museums and galleries around here and of course, learning the fine art of tea time. (which according to my guest is anytime.) I'm excited to someday add Great Britain as a painting destination as I will now have a guide!

This heron painting has been a experiment in technique, with color, applying paint, scraping back, adding more. The process hasn't fully evolved into where it wants to settle, but I like the outcome of this one.

Thank you!

No comments: