May 6, 2013

Peony Bouquet

Peony Bouquet
12 x 12 x 1 Cradle Board
©2013 Deb Kirkeeide

Something other than a bird for a change. (though there will be more) Perhaps it's the lack of color that I've been missing with this very long winter we've been having. 

The brightest spot in this spring, is the arrival of my granddaughter last week! Beautiful little Eva. It was a pretty exciting week. My son in law return safely after 6 months from his deployment, got about 6 hours sleep and the race was on! Their baby girl decided to make an early appearance! I can't even express how thrilled I am to welcome this little one to our family.

I've got about 3-4 paintings in the works that seem to be moving at a snail's pace. Maybe now that we have nice weather and a few other preoccupations are out of the way, all that creative energy will start to flow again and they might get done soon.

This is painted on 1 inch thick cradled board with sides painted to match the background and is ready to hang.

Happy Spring Everyone!


No comments: