February 1, 2016

Song Dog - Coyote Wildlife Painting - MN Artist Deb Kirkeeide

Song Dog
6x6x.5  Oil on cradled board
©2016 Deb Kirkeeide


Coyote, much like the raven,  often symbolizes the trickster or joker. However, its symbolism is associated with a deep magic of life and creation. It can be considered as having the following meanings:
  • Jokester
  • Adaptability
  • Reveal the truth behind illusion and chaos
  • Playfulness
  • Paradoxical nature, personality difficult to categorize
  • Beware of the dark side of things and play on your resources


I often hear the coyotes residing in my urban setting. They sing in chorus with a siren screaming in the distance. And I have upon occasion seen one in my yard, but only a couple times in the 12 years I have been here.  

1 comment:

TammyV said...

Love this post - coyote and raven being favorites of mine - and your paintings are amazing!