October 3, 2017

First Glimpse of Autumn - Plein Air Landscape painting Deb Kirkeeide

First Glimpse of Autumn | 6 x 8 Oil | $200 | ©Deb Kirkeeide
I recently had a chance to visit the most magical, inspiring and beautiful place in Minnesota - Grand Marais, MN along the North Shore of Lake Superior.

I, of course, brought my paints and was able to capture a bit of the fall colors  just starting to emerge. As it happened, the Grand Marais Plein Air  competition was happening at the same time and painters were in abundance along the shore, the woods and around the time. I didn't participate, but I enjoyed talking to other artists and visiting with the curious passerby.

Best of all I visited with dear friends, spent my time painting and slept throught the chilly nights with my windows wide open, listening to the waves along the shore.

Heaven.

First Glimpse of Autumn and other landscape paintings are available on my website.


As always, thank you for your interest and support of my art!

No comments: